Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Not sleeping for lent?



It's the time of year for Lent. Many religions or denominations often recommend giving something up to remember how Jesus suffered on the cross.

Now, to be honest, I have never given anything up or even really understood much about it.

However, this year I have decided to give up sleep.

You may think I am crazy for being 8 months pregnant and wanting to give up sleep.

It's true I am crazy but I also am going to give up sleeping in. By sleeping in I mean, my husband wakes up at about 5:30am and lets the dogs out and gets in the shower. During this time I lay there or try to sleep. However, I am giving up that half hour so I can....
Have a quiet time (some people call these devotions)
Work on reading my new book (look for a post about it later this week)
Work out

Do you celebrate Lent - are you giving anything up?


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I received you as a partner for the Cara box exchange! I'd love to talk more personally through e-mail or anything else! Just let me know what's most convenient for you! I'm looking forward to getting to know you more over the upcoming weeks.

    Have a great day!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete