Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

One Month Postpartum

One month ago today I welcomed my beautiful baby girl to the world. 

I won't go into details about the labor and delivery unless someone really wants to know. 

This first month has literally flown by. For the first two weeks I focused on meeting my daughter's needs. Every two to three hours around the clock, I fed her for as long as she needed. However, when the third week came upon us I decided to let her sleep until she woke at night. This kind of happened by accident because I would sleep through my alarms in the middle of the night. She would go anywhere from 3-6 hours at a time and I was so grateful! Now we are trying to get on a schedule during the day. She loves pacifiers and we just introduced a bottle the other day. 

Many mom's love to give advice and tell you what you should or shouldn't do and what you should feel. They all told me I would miss having her inside of me. But, I don't miss having a large belly and feeling her move. However, I am quite petite and she was 8lbs 5oz so I felt every move she did and they were painful! I did choose to breastfeed and that has helped me lose about 25lbs so far. But when you lose baby weight your body proportions are different. My hips are still wider, my breasts are obviously larger, and my tummy still needs some toning. I decided not to use a product like a belly bandit to help shrink things down. Looking back, I think I would have liked to have one. 

Until a few days ago the only one that could feed my daughter, I have not spent more than an hour away from her at a time. My sweet husband has watched her while she naps so I could get out of the house two separate times. Future moms, this is necessary! Don't feel selfish and yes you will miss your child but you need a break. Even at a full time job you get lunch breaks and parents need  one too. This allows me to have some freedom and miss my daughter and therefore love her more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment