Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mommy Monday: Baby Shower

First, let me take a selfie.

Yes, that song randomly pops in my head.....

Anyway..... I have been MIA and I am so sorry!!

I had finals for school and then I have been trying to get things in order for when the baby comes. And no, her nursery is still not ready.

But over the weekend I had a baby shower. This was actually my second shower.

The first was in my hometown and pregnant brain here forgot to take pictures. Too bad because it was beautiful. My sister threw a brunch and made delicious food. She is an interior designer so it was decorated so perfectly. Timeless, simple, and elegant.
At that shower we played a game where teams cut out parts of my face and my husband's face and put them together to see what baby could look like. (Think of the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 days) If my daughter looks like what some of the people came up with.... she will be quite scary. Trust me when I say.. I am sparing you nightmares by not having pictures of that.

Second shower was thrown by my local kind of adopted family in my current town. It was much smaller and more intimate with close friends that have become like family. Also, it was much more relaxed. Often we just got off topic and chit chatted about nothing and girl stuff. But check out the pictures.


 Isn't the entry way beautiful!                                            Not to mention these cupcakes!!!

          And they even made me a special cup for the day!

This weekend was so fun and special. 

What are you favorite and least favorite things about baby showers?

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment